Management Accountant: £40,000 – £45,000
I am working exclusively with this market leading multibillion-pound turnover organisation based in Warrington as they look to recruit a driven and ambitious Management Accountant to join their head office finance team in Warrington. This position will play an important role within the finance function ensuring the timely preparation of monthly reporting and accounting packs whilst working closely with a number of senior members within the finance team and the wider business.
- Accounting of Fixed Asset and Leasing functions of the company
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including posting journals.
- Investigation and explanation of variances in the Management Accounts.
- Reconciling and pre-empting any issues discovered pre and post month end.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Continuous improvement of current procedures.
- Ensure we maximise revenue by highlighting and investigating assets
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts.
- Assisting with group reporting packs and helping to ensure they are completed and submitted on time.
- Assist with the external audits of the company.
- Assist with annual budgeting and regular forecasts for both internal and external requirements.
- Develop and mentor the Finance team members.
- Ad hoc reporting when required by senior management
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Good Microsoft Office ability, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The ability to think creatively as well as be a team player.
- Experienced in accounts preparation, including journals, accruals, prepayments, depreciation and income deferral.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Inquisitive in nature with the ability to take initiative, looking for constant development and improvement of procedures.