An exciting new opportunity has arisen due to the continued growth of a highly successful business based at their Head Office near Chester, this is a newly created role focusing on financial accounting. They are a leader in their sector who work with a number of blue-chip clients and have an industry reputation as a modern and innovative operator. They have enjoyed decades of continuous growth and are highly profitable with industry leading margins and are forecasting continued significant future growth.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) accountant and is key in ensuring the success of the Finance function against the challenges of continuing business growth.
The role will involve various aspects of financial accounting and is expected to expand with the growth of the Company. This will include:
- Weekly reporting of multiple profit centre costings;
- Preparation and posting of month end preliminary journals and ledger closure processes;
- Timely completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including the fixed asset register;
- Monthly management accounts preparation (internal reporting and external reporting to Group);
- Production of company budget and forecasting liaising with various stakeholders;
- Assisting with the production of the statutory accounts and information for the statutory auditors
- Compiling quarterly VAT returns and submission to HMRC;
- National Statistics, P11D, P46 (car) submissions as required by the Government and HMRC.
- Provision of management information to support financial and operational management;
- Creating relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information flow;
- Supporting and coaching site and Head Office administration staff;
- Supporting with ad hoc investigation and project tasks.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, enthusiastic and logical individual. This role will include helping the Finance Team to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies in all finance functions such as audit, fixed assets, payroll, purchase ledger, sales ledger, taxation and audit.
- Hard working and flexible, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Comfortable working individually and in teams, sharing knowledge and improvement ideas for the benefit of all staff;
- Questioning and enquiring approach with a real desire to seek out new methods that will allow more efficient provision of accurate financial data
- Excellent people skills are essential as the role involves relating to operational and financial staff at all levels.
- Experience in accounts preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, budgeting / forecasting, audit, corporation tax, VAT, P11D / P46 benefits in kind reporting;
- Proficient in using IT, including Microsoft Office and accounts software;
- Excel is a key management information tool, a sound knowledge of spreadsheet writing and data analysis would be beneficial but not essential as training can be provided
- SAGE 200 knowledge would be advantageous but is not essential.
- 5 weeks’ holiday plus bank holidays;
- Staff contributory pension scheme;
- Life assurance;
- Private healthcare;
- Training and development programme;
- Employee benefits hub