Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by our client, a large Manufacturing business based close to the Warrington area as they look to appoint a qualified Financial Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Accountant will ensure financial controls compliance ensuring internal and external obligations are met with regards month end, taxation and statutory requirements.
• Preparation, completion and review of month end accounts including group reporting and core entry
• Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of each legal entities accounting records
• Ensure compliance with finance policies and procedure within the UK business entities
• Supporting and implementing new processes and improving current procedures including management of controls
• Review the control environment with autonomy to make improvements and implement change
• Assisting with the group year end and half year financial statements and associated disclosures
• VAT /Tax preparation and submission and liaise with advisors
• Preparation of statutory accounts
• Maintenance of Risks & Opportunities register / risk tool
• Overhead analysis reporting and follow up
• Approval and ownership of balance sheet recs including development of overall process
• Responsible for external audit including tracking and distribution of requests and providing information where appropriate
The ideal candidate will be an ACA, ACCA, or CIMA Qualified Accountant who has extensive experience within a financial accounting remit. You will be a strong communicator/self-motivated and possess the ability to build strong internal/external relationships whilst providing accurate and regular information to senior management.
This role would suit a technically strong, preferably audit trained finance professional looking for either a 1st or 2nd time move.
The successful candidate will be a competent Microsoft Excel user and have prior experience of working with an ERP System.
Role: Financial Accountant
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 + comprehensive bens