Reporting to a successful Finance Director of an international organisation spanning over 75 years in business.
You will as a Credit Controller take ownership and control of the company’s AR function.
This is a vacant role and has been streamlined recently for the right candidate to join, develop and manage a substantial ledger in a supportive yet busy finance team.
Applicants need to be resilient, have a calm and firm manner and conduct the following.
- Process all customer invoices within financial reporting system
- Raise all commercial invoices when requested from despatch
- Upload invoices to customer platforms
- Allocate all customer cash received
- Chase overdue accounts for payment
- Ownership of the AR Ledger
- Reconcile all customer accounts and resolve queries with customer when they occur
- Liaise with customers on ad hoc queries when required
- Account for the correct treatment of VAT on sales invoices
- Send out customer statements and chase overdue payments
- Administering monthly invoice financing
- New customer credit checks and set up
- Complete other ad hoc tasks within the Finance Function when required Personal skills
- An assertive but tactful manner
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in a credit controller role
- Manufacturing industry sector experience
- Experience of multicurrency accounts
- Management of monthly AR ledger balance in excess £4m (high volume)
In return you will get:
- Competitive salary
- Above average holidays
- Hours M-T 8-5 F-8 to mid-afternoon finish!
- Free parking
- Team socials and training
- Socially distanced office vetted by key UK health bodies
- Use of Excel and they will give full training on their in-house accounts system