UK Financial Controller
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for an experienced Financial Controller to progress within a large complex multinational organisation based at their Head Office in the Cheshire.
Reporting to the Finance Director and managing the UK finance team, the Financial Controller will take full responsibility of all accounting and management reporting duties, including overseeing the transactional processing teams.
KEY ROLE OBJECTIVES
- Effectively manage all aspects of the accounting operations within the UK – management accounting, financial accounting and balance sheet control.
- Have close link into the operations of the business and provide value in the context of business improvement, cost control, improved efficiencies and resource management through clear and concise reporting.
- Continually review, develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls and to increase the efficiency of those processes.
- Oversee the production of financial outputs in line with the Group accounting policies and timetables – weekly flash reporting, monthly management accounts and annual budgets.
- Maintain control of all balance sheet accounts ensuring that these are reconciled monthly and any necessary corrective action taken as required.
- Oversee the production of the financial year end Group reporting pack and manage the interaction with the external auditors during the year end statutory audit ensuring that all the additional information they require is made available to them.
- Be cost-conscious and work to ensure that the costs of the business are well understood and appropriately budgeted for and that there is budgetary cost discipline across the division.
- Ensure compliance with Group policy and internal delegated authorities.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements – VAT returns, Intrastat, and all relevant financial legislation.
- Manage and develop the finance team (circa 6-8 direct) ensuring that the members of the team work together to meet the reporting deadlines set and that the staff members are developed and encouraged to meet their potential.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Strong organisational and management skills – ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and to effectively delegate work within the finance team.
- Ability to set direction and standards and to drive continuous improvement but to do this in a collaborative way in a team environment.
- Ability to see the big picture while focussing on the process and procedures necessary to produce the required outputs.
- Attention to detail, high professional standards and personal integrity.
- Ability to act with a sound operational and commercial mind to enable full understanding of the demands of the business and offer a cross discipline appreciation, not just simply a financial one.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player – ability to engender team spirit and effectively motivate staff.
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of using spreadsheets and other tools effectively in order to ensure accuracy of output and efficiency of process.
- Strong technical accounting background (audit) or equivalent experience
- Experience of forecasting and budgeting.
- Experience of a “multi-site” environment would be advantageous.
This role would suit an experienced senior finance professional with extensive experience of implementing financial controls within a large complex organisation. You will enjoy the benefit of working with an elite, high calibre finance team that can offer support and a sound platform to continue their career within a fast-paced, high volume and hugely successful business.
This is one of those rare and exciting opportunities for an experienced high calibre finance professional to become an integral part of an award winning and hugely profitable global business who have continued to increase their revenue over the last 12 months. Following the pandemic, the role offers flexible working arrangements along with an attractive salary and comprehensive benefits package.