I am currently supporting my client in Widnes who are looking for a Transport Coordinator to join their team.
As Transport Coordinator you will be responsible for the cost-effective transport planning for their network of drivers, looking at the distribution activity of one of their Blue Chip Customers and contributing to the overall KPI’s and objectives to ensure they are delivering. Being an effective communicator, you will deal with their customers and ensure that the drivers have a good understanding of their daily transport plan and keep a thorough check on their completion of work. You will also need to keep the customers up to date with the status of their jobs and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
The shift pattern is Monday to Friday 06:00 to 14:00 and 14:00 to 22:00 working on a rotational basis. There will also be an element of over time for weekend cover.
Some key duties include:
- Responsible for understanding and achieving daily, weekly and periodic operational targets
- Utilise and interpret the Transport Management System to maximise route planning efficiencies within given time constraints and service criteria
- Work in partnership with the BOC Shared Service Centre (SSC), in order to plan effectively and resolve issues which adversely affect contract efficiencies
- Provide support to the SSC in order to help resolve customer queries/complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain records for legislative, financial and operational requirements
- Provide clear and accurate statistics for the purpose of reporting
- Make day to day decisions on Subcontractor costs
- Ensure service standards on deliveries
- Provide effective communication during shift handovers and engage with other Transport Controllers regarding issues arising during the shift
- Proactively prevents accidents and reduces hazards by ensuring that Company Policy, Health & Safety Standards and standards of housekeeping are always followed whilst planning and for across the Cylinder Trunking Network
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time to time
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, managing the day to day activities of drivers. You will be experienced in working in a Health & Safety focussed environment and have strong, working knowledge of the geography of the UK. Ideally you will have gained your experience from within a logistics/transport organisation. You will be highly competent in the skill of load planning for LGV vehicles with the ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively. You will have experience of working in a cost sensitive environment and be confident liaising with third party subcontractors. You will be competent in the use of an IT based transport system coupled with a successful track record of dealing with customers both internally and externally.
In return you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience. You will also benefit from a company pension scheme, paid holidays (25 days + 8 bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, tech scheme and the opportunities that come with a strong, established, and growing company.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions, please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.