Temporary Purchase Ledger Admin
I am currently recruiting for my client who are based in Chester. They are looking for someone to join the finance team on a temporary / ongoing temporary basis. This role could become quite long term, but initially maybe c3-6 months. The role would suit an experienced administrator who is comfortable with the duties below, but also junior candidates who are quick learners and keen to gain some experience in finance and potentially start a career within accounting & finance. The role can be done remotely / work from home however you must still be within a commutable distance of Chester for any days where you are needed in the office, there may also be a hybrid type work pattern of 2 / 3 days from home / in office.
Junior candidates may have maths A level or studying for AAT and must be able to start a new role on short notice.
Hourly rate = c£8.80 – £10.50 dependent on experience.
- Administration of the group mailbox, answering vendor queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with the processing of purchase invoices and related reconciliation work
- Assist with bank reconciliation work.
- Writing cheques to vendors.
- Petty Cash reconciliation.
- Process team member expense claims
- Direct debit reconciliation work and investigation of vendor differences.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Assist in the review of the aged purchase ledger, clearing debit balances, unallocated payments and undertaking supplier statement reconciliations.
- Undertake ad-hoc accounts duties as requested.
- Provide support to other areas of the finance team and contribute to ad-hoc projects and duties.
- A driven individual ideally studying towards AAT qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining quality
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to resolve queries
- Strong numeracy skills and computer literacy
- A highly motivated individual, that brings energy and confidence, that is target driven and able to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Excel including the ability to analyse large volumes of data
If you feel you have the necessary skills and keen to start a new position ASAP please apply to get full details.
Location – Chester / work from home
Salary – £18,000 – £21,000 DOE
Type – temporary