Supply Chain Controller
I am recruiting an experienced Supply Chain Controller for a large manufacturing company based in Wrexham.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for purchasing of raw materials and packaging. You will ensure the correct amount of product is delivered at the right time, as well as coordinate the communication from supply base to internal warehousing for incoming deliveries.
- All Raw Materials and Packaging purchases
- Build relationships with key suppliers to ensure delivery deadlines are met, supporting these relationships with regular forecasting to procure efficiently.
- Ensure all hazards associated with the timely supply of raw materials and packaging, (including transport) have been identified. Responsible for assessing and approval of suppliers based on agreed risk assessments
- Comply with and promote the company’s Health and Safety polices, ensuring all suppliers are aware of and follow the set requirements for manufacture, supply, and delivery within the supply chain
- Build relationships within the Storage and Logistics supply chains to ensure that all deadlines are achieved. With clear communication channels with external supply chain functions.
- To continual to develop systems for Ingredients and Packaging, identifying areas of improvement to create an effective and efficient forecasting system
- Provide bi-weekly forecasts to key suppliers, to keep supply based informed of future demands/trends etc
- Ingredients – to ensure all agreed contract schedules have minimum forward contract volumes which are to be achieved
- To constantly review lead times and supply base to ensure consistency and accuracy
- To continually develop the Ingredients and Packaging Forecasting Model on Micro and Macro Basis
- Responsibility of proactively managing stock levels to cope with peaks/troughs of demand – working to the Lean procurement model
- Monitor and focus on working capital and track ‘holding levels’ of stock vs. demand for production – ensuring correct stock levels are always maintained within the agreed business model.
- Keep summary sheet of contracts and contract balances for all companies and identify when ingredients fall below minimum required
- Support the Sales Team with up-to-date stock or shipment information when requested
- Ensure that queries on Purchase Invoices are clearly marked
- Work with NPD on new projects to include packaging and raw material samples, whilst working within the agreed critical path guidelines
- Responsible for the sourcing of the delivery of first to market material and packaging concepts
- Responsible for the commercial and supply relationship between internal and external supply base. All external requirements are to be sourced by procurement.
Experience/ Skills Required:
- The right candidate will have a strong foundation of purchasing or direct customer management experience.
- A detailed understanding of the FMCG retail industry in the UK.
- Involvement in working in or working with Ingredient and or packaging suppliers
- Developed cross-functional team player with the ability to take holistic decisions based on a wider business perspective
- Competitive salary and benefits package available, including hybrid working.
Supply Chain Controller
£25,000 – £32,000