Senior Buyer: Salary DOE
I am recruiting a Senior Buyer to join a growing manufacturing company based in Ellesmere Port. Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for managing the procurement of goods and services along with managing all aspects of the supply chain, adding value, reducing costs and improving the service offered to internal and external customers.
- Full responsibility for your commodity area and management of supplier portfolio for the category: previous background buying steel, plastics, electronics, aluminium is desirable.
- Understanding of external factors influencing price and supply to ensure purchasing strategies reflect the market.
- Predominantly managing domestic/UK supply base sourcing and supplier management.
- Proven track record of implementing and achieving cost reduction.
- Key team member in NPD and managing the sourcing of new products from concept design through to full approval and production release.
- Contract management, negotiating and implementing supplier contracts, ensuring best value procurement from existing partners and new sources.
- Driving supplier performance and improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Developing strategic partnerships and strategies to harness competitive advantage.
- Close liaison with planning and expediting function to clearly understand trends in demand and impact of procurement and vice versa and to ensure any design changes are implemented successfully with minimum waste and disruption.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and driven with proven purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Engineering procurement knowledge and ability to understand CAD drawings and complex BOMS.
- Analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills
- High commercial acumen and strategic thinker.
- Supply chain management
- Microsoft office essential
- Ideally will hold MCIPs
- Must hold a valid driving licence
- Any ambitious Buyers looking for their next career step into a Senior Buyer role will also be considered.
- 25 Days Holiday
- Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm
- Hybrid working after probation period of 2 days at home/3 days office based
- Company Bonus