Senior Management Accountant
Following a sustained period of growth, both organic and through recent acquisition, our client, a market leading niche Business Service provider based close to the Chorley area is looking to recruit a qualified Management Accountant on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will take full responsibility for providing all financial reporting for new specific entities within the wider business.
Main responsibilities will include;
- To support a team of 2-3 persons based across two remote offices
- Take ownership for resolving day-to-day finance queries
- Oversee sales ledger, purchase ledger and debt collection functions
- Preparation of month end financial accounts for two entities
- Evaluate and provide respective management information to enable effective decision making
- Monthly WIP, accruals, prepayments, deferred and accrued Income evaluation
- Finance Lead in year end audit, accounts preparation and corporation tax
- Manage the Cash flow on a daily basis for 2 companies, ensuring banking mandates are not breached
- Ensure all payments are prepared and authorized in line with company guidelines
- Control and maintain fixed asset register
- Production of quarterly vat returns
- Liaise closely with Operations for the production of accounting information
- Preparation of timesheet information for issue to Group Payroll function
- Able to take day to day Financial lead with minimal support and liaise with Group as appropriate
- Ad Hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Management Accountant with up to date working knowledge of reporting standards and strong organisational/analytical skills. You will possess a strong technical accounting background and have ideally worked within a complex SME structure or group.
Offering a friendly and flexible working environment for the successful candidate, you will benefit from the guidance of a supportive and experienced Financial Controller who has a track record of investing time in developing their team.
This role would suit a self starting ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified Accountant, who would benefit from a flexible working schedule and relaxed working environment.