Senior HR & Payroll Advisor
Senior HR & Payroll Advisor, Ellesmere Port, 12 month Fixed Term Contract, £30,000 – £38,000 DOE plus excellent benefits.
I am delighted to be supporting my client on an exclusive basis in recruiting for an experienced Senior HR & Payroll Advisor to cover a period of maternity.
Reporting in to the Head of HR and forming part of the wider HR team, as Senior HR & Payroll Advisor you will play a pivotal role within the HR & Payroll team supporting both the operational day to day activities as well as supporting the Business Strategy. You will have direct line management for a team of 3.
Some key duties include:
- Ensure the HR system accurately reflects current staff details including starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, and are added to the system and checked in time for the monthly payroll, maintaining close communication with managers and Payroll where appropriate.
- Responsible for the accurate filing and storing of employee data according to data protection requirements.
- In conjunction with HR Lead, implement and maintain HR processes and administrative systems including maintaining process charts to record changes.
- Provide advice and guidance to the HR and Payroll team and monitor work output ensuring standards are maintained and deadlines met.
- Mentor and coach the HR Apprentice.
- Act as a primary contact and provide detailed advice on pay and employee relations issues including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Build trusted relationships with managers in the business.
- Manage the processes for new employees ensuring that the company policies and procedures on recruitment are followed and adhered to.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR developing and produce HR metric reports on a regular basic such as headcount, turnover, absence and demographic breakdown as appropriate.
- Provide HR system training to HR users, people managers and staff as required.
- Manage the administration of the company pension schemes ensuring records are maintained in a timely manner.
- Maintain and develop the relationship with the payroll provided ensuring they deliver according to their contract. Raise any contractual issues and concerns with the relationship manager
- Keep up to date with changes in employment legislation.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR manage the company job evaluation process ensuring that Managers are trained and job descriptions are accurate
The ideal candidate will be CIPD Level 5 qualified as a minimum with experience in an HR Advisory role with previous management experience. You will have a sound understanding and working knowledge of processing payroll and all related legislation. A self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously, you will be organised, able to juggle conflicting priorities with good attention to detail. You will be developing relationships with a range of stakeholders so having an engaging and professional manner is paramount.
In return, you will be welcomed in to a friendly team, working in a hybrid role. My client offers a very competitive salary as well as fantastic benefits.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.