Sales & Purchase Ledger Supervisor
I am currently recruiting for a Sales & Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join an in impressive business in Cheshire (commutable from Chester, Wrexham, Whitchurch and Crewe). Working closely with the Financial Controller you will play an integral role in in team management you will take full responsibility for the efficient day to day running of transactional finance.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Administer the monthly direct debit collection process from customers, to collect outstanding debt from non-direct debit customers and to reconcile customer accounts and resolve queries.
- Oversee the operation of the Purchase Ledger ensuring supplier payment runs are process twice monthly and suppliers’ credit terms are complied with.
- Print and issue sales invoices weekly and customer statements monthly.
- Ensure customer reminder letters are sent weekly and customer enquiries are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly direct debit collection, processing of payment plans, registering of new mandates and issuing of letters to customers.
- Complete credit checks on new customer accounts as required.
- Process cheques received daily and input onto Navision software.
- Daily monitoring of BAC payments and internet transfers from customers and input onto Navision.
- Input of credit card and direct debit payments onto Navision.
- Issue of weekly aged debt reports to the UK and Export Sales Teams.
- Raising of credit notes when required.
- Daily and month end bank reconciliations.
- Review customer accounts and monitoring of aged debt reports.
- Ensure overdue accounts are resolved through liaison with the Sales Teams, customer and if needed the company solicitor.
- Timely response to and resolution of queries from the Sales Teams.
- Oversee the work of the Purchase Ledger Controller and provide support to them when required.
- Proactively manage the Sales and Purchase Ledger functions and keep the Financial Controller informed / raise concerns with.
- Continuously develop and improve.
- Comply with Company policy and best practise in security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that all H&S responsibilities are fulfilled and that the team’s (including the role holder), visitors’ and contractors’ safety and welfare is maintained.
- Complete any other duties as required from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum AAT qualified or foundation stages of ACCA or CIMA
- At least five years proven experience of working in an accounts environment.
- Proven experience of supervising staff.
- Proven experience of processing monthly direct debit collections and a good understanding of the regulatory requirements governing this.
- Aptitude for numeracy.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft office) particularly Excel.
- Full driving licence.
- Reliable with strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail and dedication to provide high quality, error-free work.
- Enquiring mind that is always looking for ways to improve.
- Drive and energy and have a desire to assist in helping the business to grow.
- Full time hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-17:00 (37.5 hours per week)
- 21 days’ annual leave (rising to 25 after 2 years’ service plus bank holidays)
- Free BUPA Health & Dental Care
- Life Assurance (4 times basic salary)
- Mental Health Awareness Training for all employees supported by a team of Mental Health First Aiders.
- Employee Discounts