Risk, Internal Audit & Compliance Manager
An exciting and newly created opportunity has presented itself for a Qualified Risk, Internal Audit and Compliance Manager to work with our exclusive client, a large multi-national and hugely successful business with head offices based in the Cheshire area.
Reporting to the Head Of Finance and working with the Senior Finance Leadership Team, The Risk, Internal Audit & Compliance Manager will support the business in their journey, by driving the Group’s risk, control and compliance agenda in an increasingly complex and demanding environment.
KEY ROLE OBJECTIVES
• Assist the Senior Finance Leadership Team in developing and formalising an appropriate risk management and internal audit framework for the Group, including risk register development and reporting.
• Develop an annual audit plan to be approved by the Audit Committee.
• Lead the execution of planned and unplanned audits and report findings to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
• Leading control improvement initiatives across the Group. These could range from large Group wide initiatives (for example, the roll out of Group financial guidelines and procedures) to a specific project at site level.
• Support the delivery of Group’s long-term strategy (10 year plan) as we develop and embed our KPI’s across the business.
• Active involvement in the design and implementation of new controls to ensure ongoing compliance and risk mitigation. For example, controls and business awareness in respect of VAT supply chain fraud & risk in the industry.
• Ongoing periodic review and evaluation of efficiency of existing internal controls to reduce a number of risks within the business and identify areas for improvement. To include, the Group’s counterparty due diligence processes and with support from the Group Tax Manager, the ongoing Senior Accounting Officer Compliance processes.
• To provide financial support to other ad hoc Group projects including but not limited to:
• Support to the UK and overseas finance teams in building financial capability and driving process improvement.
• Offering professional judgement and advice to colleagues on ways of improving business processes and control.
• A qualified accountant with a strong academic background and post qualification experience.
• A strong understanding of finance risk, controls and governance.
• Self-motivated and driven to continually improve processes and seek new challenges.
• Commercially astute, curious and enthusiastic.
• Tenacious, yet with a collaborative and including style.
• Flexible with the ability to adapt to different situations.
• Willingness to travel to different operations within the Group.
The successful candidate will be required to understand the business, adopt a continuous improvement approach, and have an ability to communicate with a wide range of internal stakeholders at all levels in the business.
The role is diverse and challenging and is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to really get to know and add value to the business. We envisage that this role will provide future opportunities to progress into more mainstream finance roles within the Group.