I am currently recruiting for my client who are based just outside Chester. They are looking to bring onboard a purchasing administrator to join the operations team asap. The role is permanent and the company can offer a secure long term role to the successful applicant. Business has been good and set to get busier over the coming years so if you are looking to join a secure, thriving business, then this could be the right next move for you! The role can start straight away, so ideally you will have less than 2 weeks’ notice.
1st stage interviews are taking place over Microsoft teams this week and face to face / second stage the week after. The role will require you to work in the Covid safe offices Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate purchase orders using SAP and issue to supplier for buying of services and goods
- Upload of customer purchase orders onto SAP
- Managing materials in SAP (i.e. new products)
- Entering GRN’s onto the SAP system in a timely manner
- Negotiate with suppliers for best prices and lead times
- Implement KPI’s to monitor supplier’s performance
- Set up and maintain supplier service level agreements
- Produce KPI’s relating to the department expenditure
- Generate monthly spend reports including analysis
- Control the stock area to ensure min/max levels are maintained
- Ensures stock is put away in a timely manner
- Filing (purchase orders, invoices etc.) in a timely manner
- Maintaining purchasing records to an auditable standard
- Liaise with the group regarding the purchasing process
- Produce production shortage reports
- Support the Finance Manager with queries regarding customer/supplier purchase orders, invoices, SAP, personnel etc.
- Research the market for innovative products/best practice
- Co-ordinate general company queries received by telephone
- Manages visitor bookings
- Supports the production team with ad-hoc requests, booking flights, taxis, etc.
- To provide administrative support to the Operations Manager
Skills and Abilities
- Previous SAP experience is preferable
- 2-3 years’ administrative experience, preferably in purchasing
- Proficient user of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Able to work on own initiative and autonomously
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Immediate start available or candidates with no notice period.
If you have used SAP before that would be ideal, however training can be provided for the successful candidate. If you have the necessary skills please apply to be considered for the shortlist and to get full details.