I am currently recruiting for my client who are based just outside Chester. They are looking to add to the purchase ledger team as things have been getting busier and busier! The company is great and has a lot to offer including a very competitive salary and fantastic range of benefits.
This position will be based at head office and the successful candidate will sit within the purchase ledger team alongside the wider finance team. The successful applicant will play an integral role in the processing, obtaining appropriate approval and timely payment of supplier invoices.
- Purchase invoice input into the company accounting system and matching to purchase orders received from depots.
- Processing of supplier payments for weekly and month end BACs runs.
- Completion of supplier statement reconciliations.
- Inputting in to the Planned Preventative Maintenance invoice log sheet, a key source of information for accountants and management.
- Covering the answering of switchboard telephones, daily post and presentational binding when required.
- Other ad-hoc finance tasks to supply key information to the finance and management teams.
- Proficient in using IT, including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and accounts software.
- Effective organisational skills to appropriately prioritise invoice entry and comply with agreed supplier payment terms.
- Comfortable in communicating to suppliers and internal personnel at all levels, and with different departments of the business, building relationships that will facilitate fulfilment of purchase ledger requirements. Telephone conversations with various off-site depot staff will form a significant part of the information flow for this role.
- Good team-player with a hands-on approach, the drive to see tasks through to completion and meet all deadlines set.
- Well organised and manage time effectively.
- An enquiring mind that isn’t afraid to question and take initiative, looking for constant development and improvement of procedures. Ensuring areas of potential problems are identified and reported to responsible Management Accountants for investigation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Interviews will be taking place soon, my client can accommodate a start straight away if successful however 4 weeks’ notice period is absolutely fine. Please apply to be considered for the shortlist and to find out more, as mentioned there are some great benefits that I can go into more detail about on the call!