Purchase Ledger Clerk
My client, a recently formed new division of a large and very successful organisation, is currently looking to recruit a hands on Purchase Ledger Clerk for an initial period of 6 months to provide some key support whilst they negotiate their way through an exceptionally busy period.
- Purchase invoice input into the company accounting system and matching to purchase orders received from depots.
- Processing of supplier payments for weekly and month end BACs runs.
- Completion of supplier statement reconciliations.
- Inputting in to the Planned Preventative Maintenance invoice log sheet, a key source of information for accountants and management.
- Covering the answering of switchboard telephones, daily post and presentational binding when required.
- Other ad-hoc finance tasks to supply key information to the finance and management teams.
- Proficient in using IT, including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and accounts software.
- Effective organisational skills to appropriately prioritise invoice entry and comply with agreed supplier payment terms.
- Comfortable in communicating to suppliers and internal personnel at all levels, and with different departments of the business, building relationships that will facilitate fulfilment of purchase ledger requirements. Telephone conversations with various off-site depot staff will form a significant part of the information flow for this role.
- Good team-player with a hands-on approach, the drive to see tasks through to completion and meet all deadlines set.
- Well organised and manage time effectively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.