Purchase Ledger Clerk
I am currently recruiting for my client who are based near to Ellesmere Port. They are recruiting for a purchase ledger clerk to join the finance team on a permanent basis. Operating within a very interesting industry this company are in a very healthy position and a long term stable working environment.
The successful applicant will be responsible for processing supplier invoices accurately, to ensure Sage 200 reflects the true creditor position.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Processing invoices against receipted purchase orders.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details with the purchase ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Processing the weekly payment run.
- Monitoring and maintaining the purchase ledger email inbox.
The candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Minimum 1 year’s Purchase Ledger experience.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines.
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages Excel, Word and Sage 200
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team, willing to help others at short notice
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Organised and self-motivated
- Have a keen eye for detail and be process driven
Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, there will be an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays, plus a day off for your birthday.
Hours of work: Full-time position, Monday to Friday
Reports to: Finance Manager
Hours of work: 40 per week – hours will be flexible but typically between the hours of 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are keen to start a new permanent position within a very exciting and relevant company please apply to find out full details.
Salary – £20,000 – £23,000 DOE
Location – Ellesmere Port
Type – permanent