Purchase Ledger Clerk
I am currently recruiting for my client who is based Ruthin. They are looking for an experienced purchase ledger clerk to join their purchase ledger team, reporting directly to the finance manager.
Working in a small team means the successful applicant will be given plenty of exposure to a variety of matters in a supportive working environment to develop their knowledge and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing of invoices and credit notes accurately and efficiently.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Assessment of Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) deduction on purchase ledger invoices.
- Assessment of VAT Reverse charge on purchase ledger invoices.
- Liaising with site management, commercial staff to resolve queries and facilitate approval.
- Contacting suppliers with any queries and requesting credit notes were required.
- Building and maintaining good relationship with suppliers.
- Effectively managing the purchase ledger aged creditor reports.
- Supplier`s statement reconciliation.
- Performing `call backs` to verify new and existing suppliers/subcontractors bank details.
- Reception cover
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with varying groups of people and adjust your style accordingly.
- Be self-motivated to work alone and collaboratively with a team.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Confident with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an Purchase Ledger role
- CIS – Construction Industry Tax knowledge would be beneficial
Hours / benefits
This is a full time role (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch). It is currently offered on a fixed term until the end of March 2022 – but with a view to permanent employment.
- Competitive salary – up to £21,500 / annum
- Benefits package including company pension
- 21 days annual leave + bank hols
If you feel you have the necessary skills and are looking to strat a new finance role near to Ruthin please apply to be considered for the shortlist.