Purchase Ledger Clerk
My client, an interesting and unique services based business based in Warrington, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk for a fixed term period of 6 months. The Purchase Ledger clerk will be required to manage and maintain the companies purchase ledger whilst assisting the wider finance team from an AP perspective as they migrate onto a new system.
- To manage the purchase and ledger; accurately recording all purchase invoices,
reconciling to supplier statements and making payments as per terms.
- Processing and payment of mileage and expense claims.
- Supplier invoice posting.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Generating coding accurately.
- Checking invoices/invoice payment approvals.
- Staff expenses.
- Account calls.
- Client recharge items.
- Preparation of BACS payments.
- Assisting the Accounts team with a variety of tasks including maintaining accounting
records, invoices, answering the telephone (internal & external calls), filing and archiving,
mailbox management, company post.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- 2+ years experience of purchase ledger OR qualified to AAT (or equivalent) level 3.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Systems experience (Sage Line 50 and Sage Intacct preferable).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.