I am delighted to be supporting my client in North Warrington who are looking for a Product Manager in a newly created role.
As Product Manager you are responsible for negotiation and management design/sourcing of product in a given product segment. You will be responsible for all supplier interface and support as well as aiding the implementation of re-engineering savings and new product introduction. You will be the senior negotiator and be responsible for the management of projects with all suppliers. You will support with the formation of product and supplier roadmaps, supplier selection criteria and validation.
Key Result Areas include:
- Full ownership of product(s) sector and management from concept to distribution.
- Research and creation of specification and demand applied to a given product project and delivery.
- Understanding of the latest standards and compliance to ensure all products comply to the relevant area.
- Sample management and review with technical and with the suppliers.
- Compare and evaluate any new or equivalent competitor products.
- Accumulation of new product information i.e. Cutter Guides, Weights, Measurements, IES Files
- and send to the relevant departments.
- Day to day interface with suppliers on a national and international level.
- Specification qualification for new and existing suppliers.
- Meeting organiser with all relevant personnel / department’s meetings/computer set up.
- Review specification details with suppliers / company when updates are made.
- Learn, educate and train all areas of the business to a technical level.
- Learn and develop skill in all departments to learn all aspects of the business.
- Market research reviewing the company and all associated brands, their position within the applicable market.
- Review and monitor product life cycles and formulate roadmaps.
- Prepare data on suppliers’ performance – delivery quality monthly with supply chain data.
- Review and monitor shipping cost & market rates & Review currency rates GBP/USD/RMB daily/weekly.
- Prepare continuous benchmarking information. This can include components, competitors pricing followed up with a report of the findings.
- Monitor and issue out raw material price changes in the market
- Management on the cost changes from each supplier ie logging them so we keep database on each supplier progress / order volume put into the monthly review on suppliers
- Negotiation on all levels with national and international suppliers.
- Discussions around continues negotiation for product, components, materials and tooling.
Essentially you must have an excellent understanding and proven ability to utilise professional procurement processes including tender, contract development, benchmarking, SLAs and risk assessments. You will be a skilled negotiator, adept at managing complex negotiations and commercially astute in doing so. You will have an excellent understanding of sourcing methodologies particularly in international globally disparate supply chain. You will have demonstrable knowledge of lighting/electrical manufacturing, product development processes and supply chain management. Experience of working within Project Teams and the management of multiple projects and works streams is essential. A self-starter with integrity who can build processes, relationships and trust so can deliver without the need for excessive supervision.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-starting professional who is seeking a genuine opportunity to make a real impact by helping develop both a growing business, a brand and themselves.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions, please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.