Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with this family-owned manufacturing business on the outskirts of Preston as they look to recruit an experienced Payroller to join their head office finance team. Established over 60 years ago this business has grown to become a key supplier to some of the nations most recognisable brands as well as various household names within the retail industry.
Working within a fast-paced environment, you will be accountable for all payroll related matters and will take full responsibility for the company payroll function.
- Maintaining payroll information by designing systems, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updating payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in deductions, benefits, holiday/absences, salary amendments, job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Accurately calculate employee’s wages and necessary deductions in accordance with their contract and time and attendance record.
- Paying employees by completing the required systematic transfer as per their contractual schedule.
- Calculating all statutory payments.
- Employees and employers pension contributions.
- Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review.
- Timely and accurate completion of all necessary HMRC documentation including P45, P11d and P60.
- Resolving all payroll discrepancies/queries; investigating where required.
- Maintaining payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Processing all new starters and leavers.
- Competently calculate and process all payments (BACs, redundancy, settlement).
- Collaborate with other departments to accurately produce wage analysis reports.
- Understanding of GDPR legislation