Part Time Finance Assistant
I am recruiting a part time Finance Assistant to complete a 2-3 month project with an educational establishment based on the Wirral. The successful candidate will work as part of a small finance team to help provide an efficient and effective financial and administrative service. Initially this will be a temporary opportunity but may lead to a more permanent role for the right candidate. You will be required to work around 25 hours a week over 4 days.
Main duties and responsibilities (Accountabilities):
- Raise orders, process delivery notes and invoices/credit notes onto the accounting software
- Prepare bi weekly BACS run ensuring full audit of approval and authorisation
- Raise sales invoices/credit notes and receipts
- Ensure all invoice requests are supported by the correct documentation
- Monitor, record and reconcile all petty cash transactions
- Deal with queries from staff, suppliers, customers by telephone, email or in person
- Prepare relevant reports for budget holders alongside accurate monitoring throughout the year
- Ensure all documentation is supported by the correct authority
- Contribute to the implementation and development of the new and revised financial systems
- Ensure that output and quality of work is to a high standard and complies with current legislation/standards
- Undertaking such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post
The successful candidate will have experience in the above areas and must be available to start work on minimal notice.