Management / Project Accountant
My client is currently looking to appoint a highly driven Management Accountant with a strong project background in implementing / integrating finance systems.
This role will also work closely with their newly acquired businesses, taking responsibility for the finance outputs and monthly reporting from the offset with an expectation that acquired businesses will be integrated to the central finance function within an acceptable timeframe.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with a strong understanding of managing finance projects as well as owning and reporting management accounts. This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys working within a fast-paced business with a high degree of autonomy.
Areas of Responsibility
- Working with other finance colleagues to plan and execute the integration of finance systems and processes including all areas of control and governance
- Create and implement consistent procedures and processes across all areas
- Create a methodology based on learnings for the integration of future acquired businesses
- Work closely with new acquisitions to ensure consistent controls and reporting post acquisition; this may be full ownership or working closely with the acquired finance resource
- Ensuring that the balance sheet of all acquired entities are appropriately monitored & controlled and all risks are fully visible
- Budgeting and forecasting of acquired businesses
Skills & Experience
- Implementing finance systems within an organisation
- Extensive experience of producing management accounts
- Implementing continuous improvement
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to think strategically with great teamwork and strong delegation skills
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels of seniority
25 days annual leave, life assurance, medical insurance
The company are currently working from home due to the pandemic and there is flexibility to work from home for part of the week going forwards