Our client, a highly successful specialist manufacturing business, is currently looking to recruit a part qualified Management Accountant to join their finance team at their head office in Southport. Reporting directly to the FD, the Management Accountant will provide the business with operational analysis understanding and identifying product margin improvement, variance analysis and stock control. Plus, the usual range of operational accounting, budgeting and related accountancy functions required to manage the growth of the business.
- Ownership of the timely and accurate production of the management accounts and supporting schedules.
- Production of month board reports and KPI’s
- A good understanding of the MRP systems to ensure consistency and robustness of the margin analysis.
- Develop a standard costing system, with job allocation of labour, materials and sub-assemblies.
- Development and production of monthly variance analysis
- Operational efficiency reporting
- Management of quarterly stocktakes.
- Development and production of monthly operational reporting for review with the Operational managers, including deep dive P&L analysis and key working capital drivers.
- Prepare and develop new KPI’s to help the business understand and improve performance (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Monthly timesheet review and analysis
- Assist in the implementation of new systems and procedures.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register.
- Work closely with the Production controller and stock controller.
- Develop a system of continuous improvement within all aspects of the financial systems.
- Other Ad Hoc duties as and when required
Required Skills / Attributes
- Actively studying ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience within a management accounting role
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver with strict deadlines
- Self-Starter with the ability to manage work load