My client, a privately owned SME is currently looking to appoint a Management Accountant. The focus of the role will be to manage the end to end finance for a small group of companies, support the Head of Finance with general day to day finance management and mentor/supervise the transactional team.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
- Preparation of accounting entries, G/L Journals, prepayments and accruals.
- Cash management including cashflow reporting
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of external reporting requirements.
- Production of various management reports.
- Other accounting tasks required from time to time to cover absence
- Assist with annual audit
- Sales and margin analysis
- Sales ledger and purchase ledger transactions for a specific part of the group
- Book keeping and all aspects accounts preparation for a subsidiary business
Experience of working within a busy finance team in a similar role.
A sound knowledge of computer-based accounting and general business systems, especially Excel and other MS Office applications is essential.
Applicants who are both qualified and qualified by experience will be considered.
Excellent accounting skills, problem solving abilities and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of the business as you will be required to provide a first class service in a fast-paced environment.