Management Accountant: £35,000 – £40,000
I am currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a successful organisation based on the outskirts of Chester. You will be joining a growing, vibrant business with an opportunity to develop in line with their continued growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts across our sites including Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet
- Control of the cash & banking function of the sites through the maintenance of the daily income audit, monitoring of the cash handling procedures throughout the property and providing training where appropriate, managing petty cash & ordering.
- Responsibility for reconciliations and revenue control
- Banking control
- Responsibility for credit and debtor control
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller, supervising a small team in the absence of the FC.
- Journal postings, supporting the FC with preparation of financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supervise, train and motivate Finance department employees helping them to have a clear understanding of their duties and responsibilities.
- To maximise the cash flow performance of the sites through controls on inventory, credit and payment collection.
- Other ad hoc roles as would reasonably be expected of an experienced Assistant Financial Controller.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Solid hospitality experience with strong commercial awareness (Essential)
- Confident, effective communicator
- Positive and encouraging ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong Excel Skills including Pivots AND Lookups.
- Experience of Sage
- Good Communication Skills
- Staff discount
- Staff shop/Retail discounts
- Free onsite parking and free food on shift
- Professional development and qualifications supported