My Cheshire based client is currently looking to appoint a Management Accountant. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts enabling the company management team to make sound commercial decisions based on financial information.
• Preparation of the monthly management accounts.
• Preparing and reviewing P&L and balance sheet reports for distribution
• Provide variance analysis from budget & forecasts, identify added-value reporting opportunities for trend analysis and commentary to assist forecasting and budgeting requirements
• Weekly sales analysis and credit management decision making.
• Weekly mass balance waste reconciliations of production performance.
• Quarterly Vat Returns and maintenance of monthly intrastat reporting.
• Leading and managing the small accounts team and providing cover as appropriate
• Assist with the audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements and corporation tax returns.
• To participate in various ad-hoc projects that may involve multidiscipline teams that consider certain current problems/initiatives as a means of improving overall business efficiency. To meet with manager to review and monitor progress.
• To undertake duties in accordance with key legislative requirements in Health & Safety at Work and Employment Law.
• Assisting and maintaining a close relationship with Capital Projects Manager, reporting & tracking expenditure, and the submission of forecasted Capital related cashflows
Manufacturing experience is highly desirable but not essential.