My client, a well-known and respected solicitors based in Stockport, are looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to join their growing and passionate team on a permanent basis.
The business has done well despite the pandemic and are looking to expand their finance function and bring a new employee into the team.
As the Legal Cashier, you will be responsible for transactional financial duties generated from the internal work of the firm to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Process and record financial transactions inc. banking incoming cheques, issuing cheques, petty cash and bank transfers in accordance with the SAR
- Bank and ledger reconciliations
- Record all incoming/outgoing invoices
- Management of the Purchase Ledger
- Credit Control
- Prepare and process working papers and assist with the annual audit
- VAT administration and returns
- Financial management reporting
- Prepare and record staff remuneration, staff expenses, and PAYE
- Ad-hoc financial duties and reports Key skills/experience required:
- Trained in Bookkeeping and experience in legal cashiering is very desirable
- Minimum 1 years’ experience within Accounting • Accounting qualification desirable
- Excellent IT skills inc. MS Excel
- Positive working attitude and excellent work ethic
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
This is an excellent opportunity for a Legal Cashier to join a renowned and trusted solicitors based in Stockport.
The business offers a over market standards salary and benefits package. If this sounds like a career move you would like to take please apply!