Learning & Development Manager
I’m currently supporting a business in Chester who are looking for a Learning & Development Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Head of Learning and Leadership Development and working as part of the wider L&D team, your remit is primarily focussed on continuous professional development and specialist training aligned to the various professions throughout the business.
Some key duties include:
- Traditional learning and training delivery along with managing vocational training, professional qualifications, and memberships.
- Working closely with your client group to identify suitable learning and professional development activities that support the business in reaching competence in a current role or to plot a course along their career path
- Act as a main contact for colleagues, offering practical guidance and pastoral support throughout their learning programmes.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, budget / funding management and reporting.
- Establishing relationships and working with external providers, academic institutions, and professional bodies. So, a working knowledge of professional and vocational qualifications frameworks, including (but not limited to) NVQs and Apprenticeships is essential.
The successful candidate will hold a level 5 CIPD qualification in a related field or have significant experience in a similar role. You’ll have excellent communication skills, with the ability to act assertively to support a point of view or influence decisions whilst maintaining healthy, positive working relationships. Essentially, you will be able to demonstrate experience of working as a learning and development professional within a business / commercial environment and have experience of supporting colleagues / learners to access and undertake professional and vocational qualifications. Whilst the primary focus of the role is professional development, it is expected that the successful candidate will also support delivery of our other internal learning and training programmes. Therefore, experience of training design, delivery, facilitation and presenting will be key to success in the role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your own Learning & Development experience within a market leading organisation, working in a varied and exciting role whilst playing a pivotal role within the clients own HR function.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions, please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.