Interim Management Accountant
Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with a large, international and market leading business as they look to appoint a competent and experienced Management Accountant on an interim basis. Reporting to a highly experienced Financial Controller, the UK Management Accountant will be responsible for providing Management Accounting services for multiple entities, ensuring that reported financial and management information is timely, accurate and meets the needs of all stakeholders and complies with accounting standards.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To ensure that month actuals for various entities are produced in an accurate and timely manner complying with the published group month end timetable.
- To liaise and work with department heads and their teams across 2 entities, helping to provide greater visibility, understanding and ownership of financial information and supporting key business decision making.
- To co-ordinate the production of the monthly rolling 12 month forecast for the businesses.
- To review and recommend options to improve and maintain efficient financial processes and controls for all entities.
- To co-ordinate the production of the annual budget for the businesses working with key personnel across finance and the wider business to ensure that the budget is produced accurately and in line with group guidelines
- To act as a key point of contact for the annual audit
- Professionally qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and an understanding of financial reporting standards
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, as the role has significant contact with department heads and external finance professionals
- Highly organised and the ability to work to tight deadlines
Working as part of a busy, friendly, and supportive business unit, the Management Accountant will gain immediate exposure of working with a range of internal and external senior managers. You will be given full autonomy to work collaboratively with all areas of the business, identifying areas of improvement and implementing / improving existing processes.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, technically competent Qualified Management Accountant with an inquisitive approach, excellent time management and experience of presenting financial information to senior management. Candidates that have worked in a larger business and have used an ERP and Excel to an advanced level will be of particular interest.