Interim Management Accountant
Back to jobs
I am looking for an experienced Interim Management Accountant to complete a 3-6 month contract with a successful manufacturing business in Northwich. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts enabling the company management team to make sound commercial decisions based on financial information. The ideal candidate will have worked within the manufacturing industry previously and must be readily available to start work. Initially you will be joining the team on a temporary basis but this may lead to a permanent role for the successful candidate.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Preparing and reviewing P&L and balance sheet reports for distribution
- Provide variance analysis from budget & forecasts, identify added-value reporting opportunities for trend analysis and commentary to assist forecasting and budgeting requirements
- Weekly sales analysis and credit management decision making.
- Weekly mass balance waste reconciliations of production performance.
- Quarterly Vat Returns and maintenance of monthly intrastat reporting.
- Leading and managing the small accounts team and providing cover as appropriate
- Assist with the audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of the annual financial statements and corporation tax returns.
- To participate in various ad-hoc projects that may involve multidiscipline teams that consider certain current problems/initiatives as a means of improving overall business efficiency. To meet with manager to review and monitor progress.
- To undertake duties in accordance with key legislative requirements in Health & Safety at Work and Employment Law.
- Assisting and maintaining a close relationship with Capital Projects Manager, reporting & tracking expenditure, and the submission of forecasted Capital related cashflows
Ideally you will be CIMA or ACCA qualified, or suitably qualified by experience. Manufacturing experience and strong systems skills are essential.