Interim Management Accountant
Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with a large, international and market leading business as they look to appoint a competent and experienced Management Accountant on an interim basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller and working within a busy accounts function, the requisition for additional resource is a direct result of an increased workload.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly financial information to required deadlines and in accordance with Group accounting policies and processes.
- Create various analysis schedules and provide insightful commentary on financial performance within department
- Prepare monthly full year forecasts of spend based on the views of the management team and project managers and bridge to previous forecast
- Provide necessary financial data to Group Finance for the preparation of Quarterly Group Accounts
- Compilation of annual operating plan
- Preparation of KPIs for the Engineering leadership team
- Maintaining and adhering to the financial control processes in accordance with Group’s ICFR Program
- Ad hoc projects as requested by the Head of Finance
- Review and Analysis of Department overheads.
- Responsible for maintenance of ledger codes and creating / monitoring recharges.
- Develop effective working relationships with key budget holder and project managers to gain insight on all current projects.
- Responsible the preparation and submission (following review) of grant claims and all appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain accounting records for all successful grant claims and receipt of monies.
Working as part of a busy, friendly and supportive business unit, the Management Accountant will gain immediate exposure of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be given full autonomy to work collaboratively with all areas of the business, identifying areas of improvement and implementing / improving existing processes.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, technically competent Qualified Management Accountant with an inquisitive approach, excellent time management and experience of presenting financial information to senior management. Candidates that have worked in a larger business and have used an ERP and Excel to an advanced level will be of particular interest.