Interim Management Accountant
I am recruiting an Interim Management Accountant to complete a 3-6 month contract with a well-established business in North Wales. Reporting to the Finance Director you will be required to support with year-end audit preparation, monthly management accounts and any other ad hoc projects as required. Initially this be a short term contract but may lead to a permanent opportunity with the business for the right candidate.
Skills and Experience Required
- Preparation of detailed monthly management accounts with insightful, value added observations and commentary, within challenging deadlines
- Possess significant experience of intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Experience of accounting for multi-currency trading businesses
- Maintain full monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete and submit vat returns and other statutory reporting
- Assist with maintaining an up to date and accurate cash flow forecast
- Experience of providing information for company audits and liaising with external auditors
- Assisting with budget pack production and subsequent half yearly re-forecasting process
- Maintain fixed asset register and monitor actual spend versus annual capital expenditure budget
Personal Attributes Required
- Ideally fully qualified
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting systems; Sage would be an advantage.
Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in supporting others in order to improve performance.
- Involves others through encouraging their contribution and taking these views into account.
- Able to remain calm and focused under challenging situations
- Organised and able to work efficiently and in a well-structured manner
- Responds positively to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain effective performance
- Understand the activities of the business and can relate this to own areas of responsibility
- Ensures that all work is performed using complete and accurate relevant information
- Plan and prioritise appropriately to meet your objectives, anticipate and be able to respond to any additional demands
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail and a thorough way of working, to ensure that tasks are performed accurately and on time.
- Consistently works to a high standard and looks for ways to improve current working practices and processes
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and must be available to start work at short notice.
Hybrid/ home working available.