Interim Financial Controller
I am recruiting an Interim Financial Controller to join a dynamic business based in North Wales on an ongoing temporary/ temporary to permanent basis. My client is looking for an energetic and experienced Financial Controller who can demonstrate a friendly and inspiring attitude. Working with the Directors you will be responsible for maximising revenue and profitability, whilst supporting other departmental managers to monitor and improve revenue and/or profitability where possible. You will also be required to improve business processes, systems and management reporting.
The role will involve direct line management of a small team.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• Manage the daily receipt reconciliations, sales invoicing preparation, posting and deferred income calculations.
• Manage the purchase invoice system, including purchase ordering, invoice posting and payment processes.
• Manage the preparation of management accounts including VAT returns
• Cash management including the preparation, maintenance and monitoring of cash flow forecasts.
• Manage employee onboarding, setting up the employees on the HR/payroll system, generating an employment contract and registering the employee for pension etc.
• Liaison with payroll bureau.
• Management of monthly payroll journals and reconciliations.
• Liaison with external HR advisor as required on any employment related issues.
• Obtaining and issuing any disciplinary letters, chairing and minuting these meetings accordingly.
• Maintenance and development of financial/operational dashboards.
• Support the systems development across the business.
• Presentation of financial information at monthly senior manager meetings.
• Management and liaison with all IT and systems software providers.
• Ad hoc analysis as required.
Key Skill / Experience Requirements
• Qualified or QBE, ideally with a strong academic background.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Advanced Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Previous systems administrator experience preferred.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• The ability to demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
• A proactive approach to work and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and must be available to start work on minimal notice.