Interim Finance Business Partner
I am recruiting an experienced Interim Finance Business Partner to join a global manufacturing business based in Wrexham. Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for supporting a number of budget holders through the month end and forecasting process. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading business on a temporary to permanent basis.
Month end Reporting
- Ensuring accurate month end close process for site working closely with both the shared service team and all budget holders
- Ensure that all controls are operated effectively to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Proactively work with cost centre managers to ensure that they have a clear understanding of their costs and budget
- Build strong working relationships with the cost centre managers so that the finance business partner is seen as a trusted business advisor and is able to respond proactively to the support the business needs
- Good understanding of SAP to enable effective and efficient reporting
- Complete robust month end reporting into the Corporate tools
- Review current month end process to drive efficiencies and improve quality of data for all budget holders
- Provide training to staff as and when required
Forecasting and Budget Process
- Work alongside the Head of Finance to run all the of forecasting and budgeting processes
- Ensure engagement with all areas of the business who feed into the process so that they understand what is required of them
- Willingness to challenge the budget holders to ensure optimum forecasts
- Understanding of main processes of the business and of finance to enable active challenge
- Proactively suggest and drive forward improvement ideas in the process
- To work with the Engineering Capex team to robustly support the capex process
- Be an active member of the capital steering group providing accurate financial information and rigorous challenge where required
- Drive improvement in forecast accuracy of capex projects
- Actively support any prioritisation process to ensure optimal use of capital budget
- Provide technical guidance where appropriate
- Act as finance lead for all physical verification of fixed assets on site and make any recommendations for accounting adjustments as required
- Ensure that high quality pre and post investment appraisal exercises are carried out and that lessons are learned where appropriate
- Where appropriate challenge the business on alternative ways of working
- Prepare insightful analysis which responds to the changing business climate and which drives corrective action in the business
- Support the efficiencies forecasting and reporting process with relevant SLT member
- Challenge cc managers to embed the efficiencies mentality in their day to day contribution to the business
- Provide training and support as required to business on key concepts
- Work closely with purchasing team to identify and track saving
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role previously, preferably within a global manufacturing environment.
- You will need to be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified and be available to start work on minimal notice.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.