HR Team Leader: £40,000 – £43,000
HR Team Leader, Chester, Permanent, £40,000 – £43,000 plus excellent benefits
Our client is a leading and growing organisation with an enviable brand and reputation. Due to growth and continued success, they are now looking for an HR Team Leader to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the HR Manager and having line management responsibility for 4 direct reports, as HR Team Leader you will be tasked with delivering a high quality, proactive and legally compliant and efficient telephony HR advice service to ensure consistency managing the absence and wellbeing of the employees through building capability and developing a team of HR Advisors ensuring succession and a pipeline for talent for the future. You will monitor, review and drive case management with regards to absence cases to ensure an efficient and fair outcome for both the business and the colleague.
Some key tasks include:
- Ensure the HR Advisors deliver accurate and commercial advice against legal and internal HR policy requirements. Ensuring cases are managed proactively, within SLA’s and case notes accurately reflect calls and associated risk to the business.
- Demonstrate motivational and role model leadership behaviours as an effective ambassador for the HR Advisory Service at all times.
- Manage the day-to-day operational requirements of the Absence & Wellbeing team including monitoring productivity, case volumes, SLA’s, ensuring the team are effectively resourced day to day (holidays administration, rota etc).
- Coaching and conducting 121’s /annual performance reviews for direct reports identifying development opportunities and propose solutions to the HR Manager.
- Ensuring the continued development of direct reports through identifying training needs and making recommendations for growth.
- Proactively and frequently review quality across team in all aspects of work undertaken though both ad hoc and routine reviews.
- Ensure accurate input of all case MI.
- Utilise MI to identify trends and seek out opportunities for proactive campaigns / targeted support across the business.
- When required, provide escalated support, and provide pragmatic HR advice and assistance on policies, procedures and best practice in a risk managed way ensuring compliance at every stage.
- Take every opportunity to coach managers in aspects of people management including communication, robust decision making, fairness and consistency.
- Reviewing and preparing (where appropriate) letters/documents in readiness for and after formal hearings and providing feedback to Managers where required.
- Undertake HR related assignments and projects as identified by HR Manager as appropriate.
- Work autonomously, on delegated work areas and where appropriate seek advice from senior colleagues when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of management a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Up to date, comprehensive working knowledge of employment law and legislation.
- Ideally CIPD qualified (at least Level 5).
- At least 4 years’ experience of confidently operating in an HR advisory role within a complex and customer focused environment.
- Solid experience in the application of company policies and procedures and HR best practice.
- Experience of applying a commercial and pragmatic approach to providing HR risk-based solutions to difficult issues that arise within challenging situations.
- Ability to work flexibly in an agile way to meet deadlines and respond positively and constructively to feedback.
- Can evidence building capability within a coaching framework.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Excel.
In return, you will be welcomed in to a friendly and supportive HR team with lots of opportunity to grow and develop. They promote from within and encourage career development and opportunities. This role offers hybrid working with 1 day per week working from home.
Please apply for this role with your CV. If you have any questions, please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.