I am recruiting a HR Administrator to complete a 9 month contract with a market leading business based in Ellesmere Port. The role will be to undertake a comprehensive range of specialised administrative and technical activities relating to employees’ contractual terms and conditions and pay, within agreed timescales according to defined procedures in order to ensure delivery of an efficient and effective service.
- Ensure the HR system accurately reflects current staff details including starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, and are added to the system and checked in time for the monthly payroll, maintaining close communication with managers and Payroll where appropriate.
- Respond to non-routine and complex enquiries from a range of contacts using discretion and judgement in forming responses so that advice on the area of work dealt with is consistently given in accordance with agreed policies and statutory legislation and within defined procedures.
- Responsible for the accurate filing and storing of employee data according to data protection requirements.
- In conjunction with the Senior, implement and maintain HR processes and administrative systems to ensure that data is accurate.
- Administer the processes for new employees and contract extensions for example preparing contracts, offer letters, processing pre-employment checks such as checking Visas, Right to Work in the UK, medical questionnaires, and DBS checks.
- In conjunction with the HR Lead develop and produce HR metric reports on a regular basic such as headcount, turnover, absence, and demographic breakdown as appropriate.
- Attend disciplinary and grievance meetings to take notes
- Provide system training to HR users, managers and staff as required
- Undertake pensions’ administration ensuring the appropriate documentation is completed and passed to pensions for new starters, leavers, retirements etc as appropriate.
- Work closely with Payroll and Managers to ensure the validation of the monthly payroll.
- Act as the first point of contact for the payroll provider
- Cover Senior HR when needed.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- An ability to manage competing priorities and stakeholders from a variety of levels within the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm and work well under pressure.
- Able to use initiative, pre-empt problems and take a logical.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and must be available to start work on minimal notice.
- HR & Payroll Administrator
9 MONTH FTC
£24,000 – £26,000