HR Advisor: £29,000 – £30,000
HR Advisor, Deeside, Fixed term contract £29,000 – £30,000 plus excellent benefits.
I am recruiting an experienced HR Advisor to join a market leading and growing organisation with an enviable brand and reputation. This is an exciting opportunity to join the business for a 12-month period, covering for maternity leave. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of absence management, wellbeing and family policies and must have worked in a fast-paced environment.
Working as part of the People Team and wider HR function as HR Advisor you will be responsible for providing high quality and accurate end to end case management support on all aspects of people policy with particular focus on absence, flexible working, wellbeing and all family friendly policies and procedures. Dealing with a high volume of calls and emails, you will be tasked with understanding issues and being able to guide and coach to ensure a positive resolution.
- Act as a fully participating member of the HR team supporting HR and liaising and developing effective working relationships with wider stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of cases, scheduling and prioritising activities based on the needs of each case and applicable deadlines or timescales
- Ensure good employment practice through the provision of clear advice and guidance in line with Iceland’s HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- Adopt a pragmatic approach in offering solutions to managers, while recognising legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work autonomously whilst using own initiative, on delegated work areas and where appropriate seek advice from senior colleagues when required
- Take every opportunity to coach managers in aspects of people management including communication, robust decision making, fairness and consistency and application
- Reviewing and preparing (where appropriate) letters/ documents in readiness for and after formal meetings and providing feedback to Managers where required
- Ensure all case management details are recorded accurately on the Case Management System and that cases are managed pro-actively and driven through to conclusion and ensuring personnel database reflects accurately
- Work collaboratively with your fellow HR Advisors colleagues to ensure consistency of approach and application of precedent
- Ensure all applicable SLAs are met / exceeded
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
- Ability to work remotely, autonomously and use own initiative
- Confident manner in dealing with a diverse range of people, using good interpersonal and credible influencing skills.
- Commercial acumen
- Effective stakeholder management with excellent verbal and written skills which can be tailored to be reflective of audience
- Ability to quickly forge relationships, win trust and build confidence
- Managing conflict
- Ability to analyse complex issues and provide practical and creative solutions
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure
- Good questioning and listening skills
- Proficient with and comfortable using telephony and multiple technology platforms
- Coaching skills
- Self-management whilst maintaining one team ethos
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven track record of managing a range of HR cases
- Demonstrable, comprehensive up to date working knowledge of UK employment law and legislation and its’ implications for employers
- Confident communication with people at all levels, with a style that is clear, engaging, coaching and collaborative whilst at times of challenge can hold your own
- Demonstrate strong partnership working with a variety of stakeholders
- Ideally CIPD qualified (preferably Level 5)
- Experience of applying a commercial and pragmatic approach to providing HR risk based solutions to difficult issues that arise within challenging situations
- Ability to work flexibly in an agile way in order to meet deadlines and respond positively and constructively to feedback
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Staff discount
- Free parking onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
37.5 hours per week
Hybrid working (4 days in office, 1 day at home) following successful probation period.
This opportunity is open to applications from highly ambitious graduates with some relevant practical work experience, gained in a fast-paced environment.