Head of Finance: £65,000 – £85,000 DOE
Heyland Senior Finance have been retained to recruit for a Hi-tech SME specialist manufacturing company based in Runcorn. They are looking to attract a high calibre Qualified Accountant into the role of Head of Finance who will report directly into, and work very closely with, the CEO.
Established 30 years ago, and heavily invested in in 2016, the business supplies a number of Blue-Chip Clients globally, mainly within the pharmaceutical, life sciences, aerospace and petrochemical sectors. The business has recently secured more investment which has allowed them to secure larger premises to increase production, with the aim of tripling revenues over the next 3 to 4 years through new product development.
The role will be responsible for enhancing the internal organisational capabilities, processes, controls and infrastructure to support NewSpace strategic growth initiatives and to enable the Company to fulfil its mission. In addition, the Head of Finance will be charged with developing and implementing essential policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational.
- Develops organisational strategies by contributing operational and financial analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction.
- Establishes functional goals and objectives that are aligned with the company’s short- and long-term strategies.
- Oversees risk management and legal activities: Letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and other agreements.
- Development and implementation of adequate risk management strategies.
- Information technology: Ensures the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software and applications.
- Organisational reporting and monitoring: Establishes and monitors key performance indicators, provides guidance and leadership through management of the reporting processes and implements corrective and preventive measures as required.
- Bookkeeping, manages and monitors all financial and business reporting and planning activities, including:
- All annual and long-term financial plans
- Business policies and accounting practices
- Preparation, review and analysis of financial reports.
- Supports and advises the CEO in decision making
- Leads and supports organisational budgeting process
- Provides overall financial oversight and monitoring to ensure accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
- Evaluation of the software and tools used with regard to the operational goals and financial strategy of the company.
- Ensures that relevant financial data is presented to the CEO and Shareholders.
- Contact person for external stakeholders such as Auditors, HMRC, Pension Providers and Bank.
Qualifications & Experience
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 5years experience in an industrial setting
- Strong understanding of accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledge of R&D/Patent Box and Corporate Tax law
- Strong experience in contract management
- Flexible, hands on and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organisational change and development within a growing organisation
- Judgement and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Good understanding of the project business as well as experience in assessing contract terms in the project business
- Entrepreneurial team player who can operate multitask, flexible and with common sense
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Overseeing information technically and legally
- Excellent people skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, credibility and commitment
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Personality with a strong analytical, strategic and entrepreneurial mindset