Head of Finance
My exclusive client, a family owned organisation with a varied and successful portfolio that has flourished for decades, is currently looking to appoint a Head of Finance to be responsible for all financial matters and several business support functions. In addition to Finance, the postholder will be a critical lead in business areas including; Insurance, Regulatory and IT.
Working as a key part of the senior leadership team, fresh ideas and innovation are always embraced by the owners who welcome opportunities to improve and progress the business. The postholder will be encouraged to continuously challenge financial performance and to seek business process and procedure improvements.
The business owners will depend on the Head of Finance to provide insight and support to Directors and other Senior Managers on financial and general operational matters. Strong leadership, management and mentoring of existing personnel will be a key requirement in the post.
- All financial reporting including KPI’s both financial and non-financial and attendance at the weekly management meeting
- Legal and regulatory matters including compliance, returns and reporting
- Lead on all systems development / IT projects (including non –finance)
- The primary contact for all banking / statutory bodies / HMRC / auditor relationships
- Negotiate and maintain contracts with external service providers e.g. telecoms and utilities
- Responsible for EPOS systems with a high volumes of cash transactions
- Highly confidential bank activities
- Support and integration of acquisitions
Key Skills and Attributes
- Ideally qualified, although applicants qualified by experience will also be considered
- Advanced Excel and a high level of computer literacy; relating both to systems and to the general business infrastructure
- Experience using Sage 50 and Sage 200 ideally
- Strong and experienced team manager with the ability to interact well with all levels of staff including non-finance
- Strong project management skills
- Commercially astute
- Operationally hands-on when required, including with non-finance areas
- Previous multi-site and family owned business experience ideally
- Previous customer service exposure with direct customer interaction ideally