Head of Finance
Heyland Finance are delighted to be exclusively partnering with our client, a niche and highly profitable SME Retail business close to the Warrington area as they look to appoint an ambitious, technical and commercially focused Head Of Finance.
Working closely with the Managing Director & Senior Leadership Team, you will ensure the continued success of the company, providing financial direction and implementing robust financial controls and procedures, whilst providing strategic advice and support to the Board of Directors.
You will be responsible for providing all financial reporting, including full analysis of the Company’s financial performance with a view to increasing the overall profitability.
- Deliver the annual result (EBIT) of the company
- Oversee the annual budgeting and mid-year forecasting processes to all stakeholders
- Accurate and timely setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts and cash flow analysis,
- Management of financial accounts in order to inform decision making at all levels
- Identify, assess and mitigate organisational risk.
- Ensure that the Managing Director is appraised of all key financial information.
- Review and ensure appropriate overall financial performance
- Support the Managing Director and senior team to develop a medium-term financial plan
- Be responsible for all statutory reporting, compliance, annual Accounts and VAT
- Manage all external contracts to ensure that all the Company’s expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for
- Carry out Company Secretarial duties as required
- Manage currency hedging and Fx
- Create and maintain a “My money Mentality” culture
- Develop financial policies and procedures and ensure that these are being consistently followed, including customer and supplier contracts, purchase orders, credit control.
- Manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required deadlines
- Ensure that management accounts are accurately produced and delivered to SLT and the Board according to agreed timetables.
- Ensure that business risks are managed effectively and the necessary insurances are in place
- Implement and assist in the development, review and maintenance of organisational policies and strategy
- Responsible for IT infrastructure and communications systems
- Oversee the efficient delivery of the monthly payroll
- Mentor and develop local Finance team, manage performance and ensure that annual goals are set and monitored regularly
- Challenge status quo and continually seek business improvements
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified finance professional
- Excellent technical accounting skills and a proven ability to apply them effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; a commercial and bold thinker
- Ability to analyse complex financial information and communicate results and options for decision-making clearly and succinctly
- Highly credible with both senior and more junior colleagues and stakeholders
- A demonstrable influencer, ability to drive impact and implement change
- Resilient and flexible, comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Results-driven and a person of upmost integrity
- A motivator, a leader
- A collaborative and an effective relationship builder
- An advanced user of Excel and computerised Accounting Software: Navision an advantage
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, fully qualified Head Of Finance with a proven track record of facilitating growth and implementing robust processes within a SME business. You will be a strong leader with the ability to influence senior management and drive through business change. This role would suit an experienced finance professional who is looking for an exciting project and who comfortable with being the number 1 in finance on site.
This is a very rare and exciting opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic company that offers a fantastic platform for a senior finance professional to make their own mark and help the Manging Director shape the business. Candidates with knowledge of the food industry and a European language will be of particular interest however, this is not a prerequisite.
Benefits: Pension, Bonus, Car allowance
Qualifications: CIMA, ACCA or ACA