Group Purchasing Manager
Our client is a successful, highly commercial manufacturing company with ambitious growth plans. Following a number of recent acquisitions they are looking to recruit a Group Purchasing Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Board you will be responsible for developing, leading and executing strategic purchasing strategies. You will have worked at senior management level previously and must be a skilled negotiator with strong networking, vendor management, data analysis and leadership experience. Operating at board level, this newly created role is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of a market leading commercial business with a clearly defined growth strategy.
- Introduce an innovative and proactive approach to identifying new suppliers and products
- Provide a strong knowledge of demand planning and forecasting
- Optimise stock levels without disrupting production
- Create and continually develop a purchasing strategy
- Manage and develop strategic supplier relationships nationally and internationally
- Lead the purchasing team by setting a clear direction and setting key objectives
- Proactively reduce or mitigate purchasing costs, whilst maintaining the best possible quality
- Oversee the management of the sourcing and purchasing activities for all externally sourced raw materials, consumables, and equipment
- Oversee supply chain management
- Work closely with the Directors to meet key strategic targets
- Improve and develop the purchasing department standing in the organisation, cultivating internal stakeholder relationships
- Review payment terms to ensure the best outcome has been agreed in line with commercial targets
- Consolidate purchases to achieve maximum economic benefit
- Any reasonable additional duties as requested by the directors
- Provide purchasing leadership and guidance to the business through a period of high growth around the group in varying sizes of organisation
- Implement a purchasing dashboard of KPI’s that can be used to monitor performance around the group
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage staff within the Purchasing department.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements are documented along with relevant business case.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier relationships.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Supplier and contract management, manage and mitigate all risks associated with Purchasing.
- Seek to achieve best practice at all times within the Purchasing and buying remit.
Skills/ Qualifications Required:
- Formal qualification in supply chain management, CIPS qualified or equivalent business qualification
- Previous procurement experience at senior management level
- Strong procurement and contract management knowledge & experience
- You will have a proven track record in managing a multi-million pound spend
- Be able to demonstrate strong Project Management experience/skills both in raw materials and indirect spend
- Possess a hands-on can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and an ability to organise, plan and prioritise
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A driven and motivated individual with strong analytical mindset and a desire to progress
- Chemical/Polymer industry knowledge preferable
- PRINCE2 Project Management qualification desirable but not essential
This opportunity will require travel, both nationally and internationally to fulfil the requirements of the role.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please apply with your CV, or contact Joanna Marsden on 07740621160.
Group Purchasing Manager
£60,000 – £85,000