Group Procurement Manager
Group Procurement Manager, Permanent, Chester, £35,000 – £50,000 plus excellent benefits.
I am delighted to be supporting my client in Chester who are looking for a Group Procurement Manager.
As Group Procurement Manager you will have full responsibility for the supply of goods, products and services.
Some key duties will include:
- Develop, implement and deliver a Group Procurement Strategy of goods and services to ensure optimum costs, quality and efficiency through close collaboration with suppliers and external vendors to support the company growth strategy
- Review and challenge current sourcing strategies to suggest innovations in line with changing business situations
- Run procurement projects in line with organisational standards
- Develop and implement innovative sourcing strategies and procurement solutions that will deliver significant value and savings to the Group
- Support Group Directors with all procurement activities, analysing expenditure and identifying areas where cost savings can be made
- Build strong relationships with all internal departments to understand departmental procurement needs and develop effective group-wide procurement strategies to implement demonstrable cost-savings
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and external vendors, negotiating terms and prices to maximize the value delivered by suppliers across the group
- Review all supplier and external vendors contracts, terms, prices and arrangements periodically to ensure continued value for money for goods and services procured across the Group
The successful candidate must be able to develop and deliver the strategy to support a long term vision and partner with a variety of stakeholders across the business. You will need a strong strategic understanding of procurement and have experience dealing with significant levels of procurement spend. You will be responsible for looking after general indirect spend (as well as direct) and will ideally come from a generalist background, looking after multiple categories including Vehicles, Professional Services, Facilities and others. You will also have a good understanding of contract management principles and experience within a large, complex organisation.
In return you will be welcomed in to a highly successful, established organisation and will be working amongst an impressive peer group.
Please apply for this role with your CV.
If you have any questions please contact Helen Berry on 07870 607723.