Group Financial Controller
Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by our client, a large complex multinational organisation in the Cheshire area, as they look to appoint an ambitious, qualified Group Financial Controller as part of a recent restructure.
As the business continues to enjoy a sustained period of growth and success, they require a technically competent, ideally a practice trained, qualified finance professional who has a passion for improving financial controls and working closely with the Senior Management Team on new business opportunities, investment appraisals, acquisitions and any other ad-hoc projects as and when required.
Reporting to a hugely impressive, high calibre and supportive Head Of Finance, the Group Financial Controller will provide exposure to all aspects of Group Finance activity and play a lead role in the next stage of the function’s development journey. The candidate must be technically sound, adopt a continuous improvement mentality, and have an ability to communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated management accounts and reporting pack to lenders including quarterly covenant compliance calculations.
- Close liaison with overseas controllers to ensure thorough understanding of local numbers, robust reporting and resolution of any local reporting queries/issues.
- Preparation of annual group financial statements (FRS 102) and UK subsidiary accounts.
- Assist the UK Managing Directors, Group CFO and Director of Finance with evaluations of acquisitions, internal new business developments and investment projects. This work will include financial modelling, investment appraisal, due diligence and other financial analysis.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support control improvement initiatives across the Group.
- To provide support to the UK and overseas finance teams in building financial capability and driving process improvement.
- To provide support to other ad hoc Group projects in the areas of tax, treasury and risk & compliance.
- Previous experience of working at a senior level within a multi-site business
- A qualified accountant with a strong academic background and post qualification experience.
- Self-motivated and driven to continually improve processes and seek new challenges.
- Commercially astute, curious and enthusiastic.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to different situations.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a technical and strategic minded Senior Finance professional who excels in initiating change and developing financial controls aligned with the Group’s financial vision for the business. You will also play an integral role in the strategic direction of the business and will gain daily exposure to Senior Management and Board Executives.
The role would suit an ambitious and driven individual who is keen to progress their career within a fast paced, global organisation. You will join an experienced, high calibre finance operation brimming with talent and like-minded finance professionals.