Group Finance Manager
Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by our client, a large complex multinational organisation in the Cheshire area, as they look to appoint an ambitious, qualified Group Finance Manager as part of a recent restructure.
As the business continues to enjoy a sustained period of growth and success, they require a technically competent, ideally a practice trained, qualified finance professional who has a passion for improving financial controls and working closely with the Senior Management Team on new business opportunities, investment appraisals, acquisitions and any other ad-hoc projects as and when required.
Reporting to a highly calibre and supportive Head Of Finance, the Group Finance Manager will be expected to review existing processes, implement and drive change in line with the company guidelines. You will enjoy full support and autonomy from the senior management team, providing a highly visible resource throughout the wider business.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated management accounts and reporting pack to lenders including quarterly covenant compliance calculations.
- Close liaison with overseas controllers to ensure thorough understanding of local numbers, robust reporting and resolution of any local reporting queries/issues.
- Preparation of annual group financial statements (FRS 102) and UK subsidiary accounts.
- Assist the UK Managing Directors, Group CFO and Director of Finance with evaluations of acquisitions, internal new business developments and investment projects. This work will include financial modelling, investment appraisal, due diligence and other financial analysis.
- Involvement in annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support control improvement initiatives across the Group.
- To provide support to the UK and overseas finance teams in building financial capability and driving process improvement.
- To provide support to other ad hoc Group projects in the areas of tax, treasury and risk & compliance.
- A qualified accountant with a strong academic background and post qualification experience.
- Self-motivated and driven to continually improve processes and seek new challenges.
- Commercially astute, curious and enthusiastic.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to different situations.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a technical and strategic minded Senior Finance professional to drive change and financial controls aligned with the Group’s financial vision for the business. You will also play an integral role in the strategic direction of the business and commercial decision making.
The role would suit an ambitious and driven individual who is keen to progress their career within a fast paced, global organisation. You will join an experienced, high calibre finance operation brimming with talent and like-minded finance professionals.