I am currently recruiting for my client who are based Chester. They are looking for a finance officer, focusing on purchase ledger, to join the finance team on a fixed term contract (FTC) basis for 9 months. The role will be working alongside another finance officer and reporting into finance manager.
The role would suit an experienced purchase ledger clerk looking for a stable business who can offer great salary and flexibility on hours / home working. This position can start straight away for the right candidate so could be week by week before moving onto FTC.
- Record invoices payable through the purchase and nominal ledgers, ensuring they are posted to the correct supplier and the arithmetic is correct.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate authorisation is obtained prior to processing of invoices.
- Send unapproved invoices report to managers, monitor the level of unapproved invoices and/or invoices on hold, and escalate to line managers as appropriate to keep to a minimum
- Responsible for ensuring that the coding of invoices is consistent with the information requested by the wider finance team (or other users of the data e.g budget holders).
- Responsible for credit card transactions including; monitoring receipt compliance, ensuring coding of credit card transactions is consistent and uploading monthly expenditure to the organisations finance system.
- Responsible for ensuring that the interface between the system and financial system is maintained and ensuring controls over this are adhered to. Use of multiple systems, creation and upload/import of files to transfer data from one system to another.
- Liaise with suppliers and managers over queries about invoices, coding and payment of invoices, providing advice and guidance as required
- Deal with all urgent reminder letters, legal notices promptly and efficiently. Investigation into invoice queries using Housing Management system, liaising with Housing Officer to resolve these queries.
- Process employee expenses on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance with expense policies and financial procedures, checking claims and keeping up to date with HMRC business mileage rates.
- Post direct debit payments to the creditors ledger, ensuring that they are correctly allocated.
- Create new supplier set-ups & following strict guidelines and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as necessary, providing information and assisting with any queries.
The role is busy and communication will be key with members of the team and the wider business. The role will more than likely be 2-3 days / week in the office and then, from there, could be full flexible / hybrid working to suit the successful candidate and in line with business needs.
Hours are an attractive 35 / week and a generous salary, so if you are looking for your next move please apply, as this really is a great opportunity within a business where hard work is noted and rewarded.