Financial Reporting Manager
Heyland Finance are delighted to be exclusively partnering with our client, a large professional service subsidiary of a successful international group as they seek to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager as a direct result from an internal promotion.
Reporting to the Head Of Financial Planning & Analysis, The Financial Reporting Manager will not only have full responsibility of the financial reporting cycle, they will also undertake several ad-hoc projects in support to the F,P&A Manager.
- Ownership of the controls and processes that underpin the monthly and annual financial reporting cycles including identification of areas of improvement and implementing change.
- Preparation and production of monthly financial reporting in accordance with SLAs for both the Exec Team and Group Head Office.
- Updating of the group finance system in line with agreed deadlines.
- Control of the balance sheet of all group companies ensuring that month end reconciliations are prepared and reviewed with any issues identified being rectified as soon as possible.
- Production of annual financial statements for the group including subsidiaries.
- Managing, leading and coaching the members of the financial reporting team including the Accounts Payable function.
- Being the main point of contact for the annual audit ensuring all required information is provided and explained to the auditors
- Forecasting short and medium term cashflows.
- Maintaining and controlling the business’s medium-term model.
- Providing required information to the external tax advisors to enable them to prepare the annual tax returns for both the group and the senior management team.
A strong academic background and the holder of a recognised accountancy qualification, such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA.
Demonstrable experience of:
- Responsibility and accountability for the production of financial information for stakeholders and the control necessary to make that happen
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Planning and executing efficient budget processes
- Working with UK GAAP
- Preparation and monitoring of regular cash flow forecast
- A high level of IT literacy including high proficiency in MS Excel.
- A strong people manager, but also a leader who can coach others to perform to their potential
The ideal candidate will be a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA finance professional, ideally practice trained or a strong financial accounting background. Experience of financial modelling and interpreting large amounts complex data would also be beneficial.
Candidates with experience of working within a highly regulated group environment will also be at an advantage however, a practice trained candidate looking for a 1st time move into industry will also be considered.