Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Heyland Recruitment have recently been engaged by our client, a successful SME service business easily commutable from the Wigan and Warrington area, as they seek to appoint a Financial Planning & Analysis professional as part of a newly created role.
Reporting to the Finance Director and working with and alongside the finance department, The Financial Planning Analyst will support the Operational Managers by collating and manipulating large volumes of data to produce meaningful reports and complex financial models to be used by, or assist with strategic decision making in the business.
- Ownership of the budgeting and forecasting process / cycle
- Preparation of re-forecasts with supporting analysis to explain key movements
- Development of robust, consistent financial modelling to be used across all contract types
- Prepare regular (monthly & weekly) reporting and analysis to monitor business performance, track key initiatives and progress to agreed budget & re-forecasts
- Create & maintain detailed analysis to understand and highlight key business drivers, which can be used to monitor and challenge ongoing performance
- Ensure one version of the truth in our reported numbers
- Prepare regular business update packs for Senior Management use (including board reports)
- Support the Finance Director with ad hoc assignments
- Consistently and accurately complete tasks on a timely basis, ahead of internal / external deadlines
- Collaborate and share experience / knowledge with colleagues within the Finance department, thus promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Assist in systems / data migrations / upgrades
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders and Ops teams within the business
- Management of master financial data
- Support bid & tender process by providing robust financial data as required, on a timely basis as required
Our client has enjoyed significant growth and has further plans for expansion based on a solid foundation of key clients and contracts. This has been accompanied by a pipeline of further revenue that will enable the business to sustain their growth and success.
As such, the ideal candidate will be a Qualified/Finalist ACA, ACCA, CIMA finance professional with previous experience within a fast-paced, dynamic and contract based environment. You will have strong technical accounting experience, along with the ability and desire to provide Business Partnering to all areas of the business, whilst demonstrating the commercial impact on financial results.
As you will be manipulating large amounts of financial data, the ideal candidate will be an advanced user of Excel, which will include forecasting and sales trends within the Excel format.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially focused finance professional that is looking for a role where they can add real value from inception and have a direct impact on key strategic decisions that will increase business profit.
The company also provides a super friendly and flexible working environment, offering full support and a sound platform for the successful candidate to develop their career with full visibility to the wider business.