Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Heyland Recruitment have recently been appointed to assist a hugely ambitious rapidly expanding SME business close to the Warrington area as they seek to recruit an experienced Finance Business Partner / Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Business Partner will seek to utilise the information across the business to increase speed of decision making, increasing efficiency and support the continued growth of the business. The role will require business partnering with department heads, providing them insightful financial information and providing challenge on performance.
Own production and improvement of the budget/forecast P&L models (and associated reporting/analysis), adapting them to keep pace with the changes in the business and its needs.
- Owning and operating the financial models for budget & forecast
- Owning the reporting to shareholders which includes but limited to:
- Annual Budget and 3 Year Business Plan
- Quarterly Financial Reviews including re forecasts
- Board Reports
- Ad Hoc Reporting on key issues
- Working with the directors to identify risks & opps to budget/forecast delivery.
- Supporting the Finance Director on strategic initiatives
- Analysis of sales and margin performance including product, customer and reginal analysis
- Market analysis
- Supporting the sales directors on pricing, rebates and promotions
- Support all departments in producing business cases for investments (capital and non capital) and make recommendations regarding approvals
- Work with all departments to identify investment proposals which lead to operational efficiencies with a view to cost savings
- Centralising of all MI (Financial and Non-Financial)
- Delivery of MI to Directors in a cost efficient and easy to use manner which allows rapid decision making
- Working with the Financial Controller to ensure detailed variance analysis of monthly performance to budget and prior period.
- Interpret financial performance of the business, identifying risks and challenges
- Ad hoc and proactive analysis to influence decisions
- Supporting the Financial Controller in delivering the month end close process including variance analysis
The role will also be required to develop and take ownership for all business wide financial and non-financial Management Information (MI) and will also play a key part in the annual budget process / reforecasting cycles. In addition, the role will also support the Finance Director on ad hoc projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, commercially orientated finance professional to join an ambitious, thriving organisation as it enters another exciting phase of expansion.