This role is responsible for heading up a Finance team overseeing a small number of local sites.
The role will also work very closely with the Group Finance function at head office and act as a conduit between the entities on all matters relating to Finance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
• Responsible for the overall running of the Finance team, ensuring all transactions are processed correctly and in a timely fashion
• Manage a robust month end reporting process in line with the Group Reporting timetable and educate and train all staff accordingly
• Manage chart of accounts in line with Group reporting requirements to give detailed sales and profitability information by revenue stream
• Manage and improve a suite of Financial reports and KPI’s (both monthly and daily) that are used to monitor the performance of the business
• Manage the company balance sheet with submission of a reconciliation file to Group on a monthly basis. Assess provisions on a quarterly basis and highlight concerns to Group
• Produce the annual budget for the business along with monthly and quarterly profit and loss and balance sheet forecasts.
• Create cash flow forecasts that are used on a daily basis to ensure tight working capital management in line with Group policies.
• Review all systems and ensure they are being used to their full capabilities.
• Develop and embed systems and procedures to allow the asset base to be brought into the Group funding facility.
• Educate and mentor the Management Team in all aspects of Finance and business performance.
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly IT literate
• Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA ideally
• Demonstrable experience in a similar hands on role
• Worked within companies of a similar size operating in a group structure