The role will be working in a very dynamic environment and be responsible for ensuring that efficient and accurate accounting records are maintained and clear timely financial information is provided to fellow members of the senior management team.
My client is seeking an energetic and experienced Financial Controller who can demonstrate a friendly and inspiring attitude with a willingness to go ‘above and beyond’ to get the job done.
The role will involve being proactive, working with the Directors to maximise the revenue and profitability of the business whilst working with other departmental managers to monitor and improve the revenue and/or profitability of these departments where possible.
There will be a requirement to challenge and revisit business processes/systems with the objective of using technology to support and further streamline business processes, providing clear business intelligence reporting for senior management.
This will be an exciting, varied, hands-on, busy and challenging role requiring excellent communication skills and attention to detail. As a senior member of the team, the role will also involve an element of office management to mentor/support junior members of the team.
The role will also involve direct line management of a small team.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily receipt reconciliations, sales invoicing preparation, posting and deferred income calculations.
- Manage the purchase invoice system, including purchase ordering, invoice posting and payment processes.
- Manage the preparation of management accounts including VAT returns
- Cash management including the preparation, maintenance and monitoring of cash flow forecasts.
- Manage employee on-boarding, setting up the employees on the HR/payroll system, generating an employment contract and registering the employee for pension etc.
- Liaison with payroll bureau.
- Management of monthly payroll journals and reconciliations.
- Liaison with external HR advisor as required on any employment related issues.
- Obtaining and issuing any disciplinary letters, chairing and minuting these meetings accordingly.
- Maintenance and development of financial/operational dashboards.
- Support the systems development across the business.
- Presentation of financial information at monthly senior manager meetings.
- Management and liaison with all IT and systems software providers.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
Key Skill / Experience Requirements
- Qualified or QBE, ideally with a strong academic background.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytic skills.
- Previous systems administrator experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- The ability to demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
- A proactive approach to work and a ‘can-do’ attitude;