I am looking for a strong Financial Controller to complete a 3-6 month project with a large manufacturing business based in Wrexham. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading business and may lead to a permanent role for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for:
- Prepare periodic financial statements. Including (but not limited to); profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flow, variance analysis and financial commentaries
- Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
- Create and develop forecasts and budgets to predict accurate company financial performance.
- Inform key strategic decisions and formulate business strategy
- Advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to medium- and long-term business plans
- Negotiate on major projects, loans and grants
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters and advise on ways of improving business performance
- Communicate relevant financial information to non-financial managers
- Liaise with other function managers on financial decisions
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed
- Chair the quarterly and annual budget meeting to present the projected position of the business against forecast
- Review CAPEX requirements in terms of meeting agreed objectives (cost and performance)
- Report of business and finance department KPI’s
- Control and review of accounting systems and provide suggestion for improvement
- Any other financial duties as required
You will need to be CIMA/ACCA or ACA qualified, or suitable qualified by experience. ERP and Advanced level Excel skills are required.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and must be readily available for work.
39 hours per week, site based with some flexibility for home working if required.