Heyland Finance have been engaged exclusively by our client, a rapidly expanding and entrepreneurial SME professional services business based in Merseyside as they look to appoint a qualified Financial Controller to assist them in their next phase of growth.
Following a hugely successful year and significant investment in core areas, our client envisages a sizeable increase in revenue over the next 18 months therefore, require a technically competent senior finance professional to aid there aggressive yet highly achievable growth plans.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for delivering tight financial controls to help facilitate and achieve business objectives. You will manage the day to day running of the finance department, reviewing and developing existing processes and systems to ensure robust financial controls and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Form a close working and reporting relationship with the senior management team
- Manage and develop the small finance team (8-10 staff) ensuring that the members of the team work together to meet the reporting deadlines set and that the staff members are developed and encouraged to meet their potential.
- Experience streamlining department structures & processes, reducing overheads.
- Overseeing the finance team to supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, purchasing.
- Provide an analytical and detailed approach to business reporting.
- Take overall control of the company’s day to day accounting function and financial reporting
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships, in particular with external parties such as the bank and auditors
- Review and develop existing finance procedures, suggesting and implementing change where required
- Assist the Finance Director with commercial projects – ad hoc reporting
- Oversee the production of the financial year end Group reporting pack and manage the interaction with the external auditors during the year end statutory audit ensuring that all the additional information they require is made available to them.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements – VAT returns, Intrastat, and all relevant financial legislation.
The ideal candidate will be an ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified Company Accountant who has previous experience of working within a growing SME business or subsidiary of a larger organisation.
The ideal will have a proven track record in delivering tight, robust financial controls that are fit for purpose within a growing SME business. Candidates with experience of implementing an accounting system or who are practice trained would also be beneficial however, non-practice trained finance professionals with strong financial control will also be considered.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified finance professional to join the business at a pivotal stage, you will play an integral part in the future success of the organisation and will be working towards becoming the future Head Of Finance / Finance Director.
The business has a laid back, friendly working environment filled with industry experts and professionals who are all excited as to where this journey could take the business.