As Financial Controller you will be responsible for recording and maintaining the company finance records including Sales, P&L and Balance Sheet.
You will also provide accurate information on company outgoings for the purposes of filing accounts and internal financial reporting and as part of a small team you will need to use your experience to develop financial models and challenge the business to achieve growth whilst doing some hands-on tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage all business costs and payments in the management system and finance processes
- Daily processing of financial data (credits, debits and other payments) including invoice management and system management to ensure Directors have a clear picture of financial performance at all times
- Controlling credit and payments in line with finance processes. Ensuring all invoices are paid on time by clients in accordance with their contract and recording all updates in the Management System
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Processing staff expenses and spending requests
- Manage external supplier invoices, ensuring they are monitored and paid on time
- Resolving invoice disputes
- Recording of all financial transactions
- Working with the Finance Manager and outsourced accounting firm at month end
- Produce monthly management reports & analysis for Board Packs
- Work with the Finance Manager in achieving the Finance team objectives & the wider team to achieve company goals
- Any ad-hoc analysis and reactive finance duties as required by the business and holiday cover for the Finance Manager
- Fully qualified ideally although Qualified by Experience will also be considered
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and pride in your work
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to effectively summarise and interpret complex data
- Self-driven, motivated, organized, proactive with excellent people, negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficient in using software to process accounts
- Able to work to deadlines and on own initiative
- Professional and confidential
25 days holiday
Hybrid home working is available.
There will be flexibility around the days and hours to suit.